Search bot site map
'What's New' list
SF & Science News sections' index
Full 'Futures' stories list (one-page PDFs)
Science Fiction Film box office top ten & tips for home rental
Convention & film diary 2022/3
SF convention reviews
SF articles archive
Science / non-fic' article archive
European science fiction article archive
Science Fiction book reviews archive (author alphabetical)
Non-fiction reviews archive (author alphabetical)
Archive of our (fun) annual choices as to Best SF of the Year
Last word - Gaia (SF & science whimsy)
Liaising with us
Who we are
Site's SF awards
Site copyright ©
Privacy (cookies etc.) policy
Old site home page
Essential SF Guide
Twitter for seasonal site update alerts:-
NB. We often Tweet articles a week or two in advance of adding their links to the contents and index pages.
Festival of Fantastic Films the convention for vintage fantasy, SF and horror films
North Heath SF
Cross-disciplinary undergraduate text Climate Change Biology & Human Ecology for biology, geography, social science, geology and environmental courses with climate change modules
Note: While we do check sponsor link sites in a number of ways at the time of accepting sponsorship, we cannot be held responsible for their content.
The 4th week in September 2022 sees Prog 2300 of 2000AD and the October (out Sept) Judge Dredd Megazine have a self-contained, connected multi-story, zombie theme. This includes a brief appearance of the PSIFA (and CUSFS – Camb' U. SF Soc) mascot the Gronk as a zombie. "Eats its heartes." Being self-contained, you will not have to carry on getting copies for a sense of completeness.
Russia's war with Ukraine continues. Our thoughts continue with the acquaintances made, and remembering the experiences had, at the 2006 Eurocon and 2013 Eurocon in Kyiv, Ukraine, in this difficult time. We are particularly thinking of our ISP and sponsorship person, Boris in Kyiv. (Like/share SF solidarity with Ukraine on Facebook and/or Twitter.)
Our autumnal* edition is now up. It includes season's full news page, articles and convention reports, including: Film News; Television News; Publishing News; General Science News and Forthcoming SF Books from major imprints for the season, among much else. Plus there is a tranche of stand-alone book reviews, a few articles, and a couple of convention reports. Something for everyone.
* 'Autumnal' season here being the northern hemisphere, academic year autumn.
For details of / links to the new content, scroll down to beneath 'Most recently added' below.
Whatever your tastes in SF (literary, cinematic or television) or science (general, natural or astronomical) there should be something for every SF enthusiast and/or science bod.
Key news from the news page
- The 2022 Hugo Awards for 'SF excellence' have been announced
- Worldcon needs to prepare in case the 2023 Worldcon is cancelled. UN points the way
- Russian SF author placed on Putin's wanted list
- The 2022 Worldcon has been held in Chicago
- All change, after 20 years, at France's Imaginales Festival
- Del Rey SF imprint gets a new home
- First ever single-volume publication of The Lord of the Rings 'Second Age' stories is coming
- Author Claire North interviewed on Media Death Cult (Contains link to interview video)
- Forthcoming SF books in the run-up to Christmas
- Scientists' worst climate scenarios revealled
- How long are you infectious with CoVID?
- China's surveillance society is going for the full 1984
- Even a small nuclear war would see a billion starve
- Does the Universe create itself? (Contains link to short physics video)
- SF authors Sergey Dyanchenko (Ukraine) and Eric Flint (US) have passed
- Comics professionals Alan Grant (UK) and Robert Harvey (US) have passed
- Scientists James Lovelock (UK) and Benjamin Mottelson (US-Dane) have passed
among many others who have contributed much to SF & science
The third and fourth of our 'Best of Nature "Futures" short stories' of the year will be posted mid-November and mid-December (in time for Christmas) respectively. If you are new to this site, these are short, one-page, SF stories. They're rather fun. (The afore link is to our archive of past stories, so feel free to have a browse. Enjoy.)
And a reminder, for the few of you who can't wait, that we provide some early access to new content as well as notifications of seasonal posting through Twitter @SF2Concat. (Early notifications only: we don't want to distract anyone with chat.)
Most recently added
v32(5) 2022.9.15 -- New Columns & Articles for the Autumn 2022
v32(5) 2022.9.15 -- Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Reviews
v32(5) 2022.9.15 -- Non-Fiction SF & Science Fact Book Reviews
v32(4) 2022.7.15 -- A new story from the Nature Futures series
v32(3) 2022.4.20 -- New Columns & Articles for the Summer 2022
Full 'What's New' list